Mountain End-fed Half-wave Tuner 40-17m (built and tested)
An end-fed halfwave is one of the most popular and convenient antennas for portable operating. However, most standard antenna tuners cannot match them properly due to their high impedance. That's where our Mountain Tuner comes in!
The Mountain Tuner is our neat little half-wave end-fed antenna tuner. Like all our products, it's designed to to be effective and robust. Weighing in at just 80g (less than 3 oz.), it's light but it's no lightweight. The Mountain Tuner covers the most popular HF bands for portable operating: 40m, 30m, 20m and 17m.
Add an inexpensive half-wave end-fed antenna or make your own and you're good to go!
- 40-30-20-17 m: all the most popular bands for HF portable operating
- BNC socket fitted
- Size 125 x 50 x 50 mm
- Weight 80 g
- Rain resistant design
- Mounting holes to enable the tuner to be pegged down or to allow it to be used in an elevated feed system for even better performance
- 4mm sockets/binding posts for the antenna and counterpoise allow easy connections
- Calibrated tune knob so that you can record the perfect settings easily for your own antennas
- 6 Watt rating
- High efficiency (loss < 1 dB @ 14 MHz)
Also available from:
Q My radio does not have an SWR meter can I still use your endfed tuner?
A Absolutely! The great thing about our end fed tuner is that the peak when the tuner is correctly tuned is easy to hear. Just connect your antenna, listen on your receiver and tune for maximum noise. It really is that easy!