Palm Mini Paddle
The Palm Mini Paddle continues to set the standard for portable operating. I have used many different paddles in the field over the years but the Mini Paddle beats them all. It's a rugged and reliable design with enclosed contacts and a neat "slide in" protection system for the paddles. It's a design that's so good it feels right at home in the shack too.
We supply it with the optional magnetic base that allows it to be attached to your radio. Treat yourself to the best in portable paddles for a lifetime of pleasurable operating. Supplied in rugged carry case with paddle, base and lead. This is a purchase that you can make with the full confidence of receiving a quality product.
The compact Mini Paddle (MP) has been designed for outdoor and QRP enthusiasts. Its dimensions are 25 x 25 x 79 mm (0.98 x 0.98 x 3.11 inches). It provides a high-precision and play-free paddle mechanism that allows many individual settings: contact gap, spring tension and a hard or soft stop are sensitively and accurately adjustable with the supplied Allen key. The highlight: the paddles can be retracted into the housing, ensuring a maximum of protection during transport!
- The Palm Mini Paddle - two case options (see below)
- A new, more flexible connecting lead with 3.5mm jack plug
- Allen key for adjustment (fitted under paddle)
- Magnetic Quick Mount base
- Rugged Travel Case
- User manual
The Palm Mini Paddle is available with two case styles:
- a rugged aluminium case (black or "Elecraft" grey); or
- a lighter ABS case with the following advantages
- Improved seating of the paddle in the housing.
- Smoother sliding action when deploying the paddle.
- Lighter and very robust - ideal for mobile use.
- Nicer feel to the touch than aluminium.
- No paint to wear off after long periods of rough use.
- A modern look with an elegant Palm Radio Logo on the top.
- Robust paddle mechanism , for direct connection to all modern transceivers that have an already built-in electronic keyer. Made in Germany
- Paddle can be retracted into the housing, and is thus optimally protected during transport.
- Rugged housing made from a powder-coated, extruded aluminum profile. Currently available in either gray (MP-S, limited supply) or black (MP-817).
- Case size only 25 x 25 x 79 mm or 1 x 1 x 3 inch (W x H x D): ideal for travel, backpackers and outdoor-QRP enthusiasts!
- Weight of only 50 grams button (1.72 ounces) - complete with QuickMount 65 grams (2.3 Ounces).
- Three separate adjustment screws per paddle allow individual settings:
- Spring tension
- Contact gap
- Paddle stop feel (soft/hard).
- Firmly seated with no play in the paddles.
- Gold-plated contacts ensure long life and reliability.
- Connection cable with 3.5 mm (1/8 inch) jack, QuickMount with integrated Allen key and instructions included.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
17 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Very well made and the size is just right.
I have tried many twin paddles but this really is up there with the very best. I bought a 3 x 3 inch block of 10mm thick steel. Cleaned it up and added non skid pads to each corner. The palm magnetic base hugs it and it doesn't move anywhere. This twin paddle is quite superb and very easily adjusted to suit your fist. Possibly the best buy in radio amateur equipment terms in a very long time. Delighted with its performance. Looks great alongside my K2
I have a light touch when sending . To be able to adjust my key with the included hex wrench that is securely stored in the key is a very big bonus. The magnetic base that that you can remove and re-attach in different mounting selections left hand, upside down right hand mount, and top mount. The biggest advantage is the retractable paddles. Safely secured in its own hard case .You can toss it into your go box, backpack or shirt pocket, knowing it is safe and ready to deploy . The last recommendation is is related to the adjustment it will and can be adjusted to ANY fist. You CAN NOT go wrong with this portable key .
Perfect for travel and QRP backpacking. Good feel, compact package. Well designed and the magnetic means of holding it steady is brilliant! I love this paddle!
Given the price it's perhaps not the best value for money but it is a great little paddle for portable/travel use. Good feeling, accurate keying, great form factor and very transportable.
I bought this paddle to carry with my portable Elecraft K1 and antenna. I wanted a light weight paddle that would survive being transported up hills and anywhere else I decide to take my radio.
The paddle is perfect for the job!
I am left handed, so I write with my left hand and I use the paddle with my right hand, it is comfortable to hold and use in pretty much any location I could imagine. I was actually surprised how well it works and feels. It is as nice to use as my kent paddle.
I'm really happy with this paddle and glad I got it.
One minor point is that the three pin plug that is used to connect the paddle to the radio is possibly a little fragile and its not a standard type plug/socket, I'd have preferred to have had sometime easier to replace if it needed to be. However, the metal enclosure that the paddle is made with which slides into its self is built like a tank, so as long as the connector is looked after then I don't see it being a big issue. It would he hard to use something else and keep the paddle simple and small.
I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a paddle to use portable or for a lightweight expedition somewhere.
The Palm Mini paddle is small, light, easily adjustable, terrifically portable, and has become my preferred paddle.
After some use, it was easy to make a tiny adjustment of the contact gap and the tension made it feel perfect for me. It does need a very light touch, because the paddles will flex when squeezed firmly - but less pressure means less effort to operate for long periods. Right?
The magnetic base sits solidly on the radio; there's no danger of the paddle sliding during operation.
Richard's service is top-notch. He's even been in the corner of my monitor, waiting to chat, while I write this. :)
The key had a little problem and i had to sent it back to Richard.
Exellent service and agn back to me...
Nice feeling - very practical with the magnets - but a bit expensive...
I didn't like the cable. I would prefer spikes on both sides.
I must say I like it ,it seems to be a first class piece of kit.Ordered on Sunday and delivered today (Tuesday) been on the air with it and operated with it straight out the box ,no adjustment needed.It is a good match for my HB1B, looking forward to operating /P.(too cold here just now)
Thanks Richard for the prompt service.