Palm Peg Legs for FT-817, 818
The Palm Peg Legs make using your FT-817, 818 at home so easy. Another great design from Palm Radio.
The Peg Leg tilt stand system was developed to improve the operating convenience of the Yaesu FT-817 by raising the front about an inch and a half. The result is easier reading of the display, and better access to the front-panel controls.
The Peg Leg system is an ingenious device, designed and manufactured in Germany. It comes as a kit including detailed mounting instructions and all necessary parts like washers, screws, etc. The Peg Legs are made of stainless steel for maximum strength, stability, and durability.
- The Peg Legs are permanently attached to the radio, so you won't lose them or have to search for them before your portable activities.
- The legs fold downwards in operation. They tilt back up and out of the way for storage or when transporting the rig.
- The kit includes non-skid rubber feet for both legs and self-adhesive rubber feet to stick on the rear area of the bottom cover. An 817 with Peg Legs installed will stay put!
- Durable but light-weight stainless steel is used for the legs and the screws, while high-quality nylon is used for the washers.
- Installation of the Peg Leg system does not interfere with shoulder strap attachment.
- All front panel controls and the jacks on the side remain accessible and fully functional. Because the rear of the radio is tilted downward, we recommend using the front antenna (BNC) jack.
NOTE: Pricing is for a pair of Peg Legs.
Download the Peg Leg Manual here.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
21 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Design is elegant in its' simplicity.Works perfectly as intended.Should be standard with the radio.
Sound German engineering, easily fitted, and saves all the rummaging about for something to prop up the front of the 817. It holds the front panel at an optimum angle for operation in a foolproof manner.
A good buy, well made, easy to fit (and refit if you have to open the case).
As described very good quality match perfect my new FT 818 ND.
A great addition - tranforms the rig for shack or table use.
An essential item for using your rig on a tabletop and getting a better view of the controls. Simple and quick to fit - extremely natty idea.
This item is fantastic. I had to take a Dremel to the factory shoulder strap screws (they were so tight) so happy this kit came with spare screws incase I have difficulties in the future.
Easy to install, and better yet with the included feet the radio really grips to any surface.
Would recommend to any FT817 owner.
I purchased a set of Peglegs for my trusty FT-817 from Sotabeams and immediately set to work installing them following the very precise installation leaflet that came with them, 10mins later I had transformed the rig with this very useful cleverly designed added extra into a now very useable little rig.