"With most new radio amateurs using paddles to learn CW you might think that straight keys have no place in a shack. However, the satisfaction of being able to send Morse on a straight key is hard to beat. If you have never tried a straight key, dont miss out!
I don't use a straight key much but when I do it's a Palm key. It takes some beating for a portable key that is at home in the shack or on a mountain." Richard G3CWI
Palm Straight Morse Key
The Palm Straight Key employs many of the features of the Palm Mini Paddle to give a great product. Superb!
- The cleverly devised key mechanism is housed in a rugged aluminum extrusion profile.
- The entire mechanism can be shoved into the housing and thus is perfectly protected during transport.
- Unique way of lever force adjustment - through an intelligent latching mechanism, ensures always reproducible spring.
- Excellent feel and precise usability, inspired by the good old Junker keyer (... but not in size and weight!)
- The supplied power cord is firmly connected with the key via a built-in strain relief. The cable end is fitted with a 3.5 mm (1/8 inch) jack for connecting the key to many transceivers.
- Case size only 25 x 25 x 79 mm or 1 x 1 x 3 inch (W x H x D) - ideal for travel, backpackers and outdoor-QRP enthusiasts!
- Weight of key only 74 grams - with QuickMount 89 grams.
- Durable contacts made of 99.8% nickel material ensure high reliability in operation.
- Absolutely precise setting of the contact gap with the supplied Allen key. A 90° twist of the adjusting screw causes a change in contact spacing of only 0.125 mm!
- QuickMount with integrated Allen key and instructions included.
Using the key with the KX3, KX1 and K2
These radios require a simple modification of the key for correct use. See this information sheet for details. If you want, we can do this modification for you - just tell us when you order your key.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Great little key for portable and home use. This is my 2nd one. It has magnets in its base so you can attach it to something metallic, otherwise your other hand needs to hold while sending !.
This is one very cool straight key. It is small but very comfortable to use. The action feels like a much larger key. The fold away design is excellent for traveling. A have made a number of contacts with this key and it was flawless.