The WOLFWAVE Advanced Audio Processor
***HUGE DEMAND - SOLD OUT - MORE EXPECTED EARLY JUNE***
Our agents still have stock: USA, Sweden, Germany, Poland, Switzerland, Norway
Review by Michael G0POT
Transform your listening experience with the WOLFWAVE. So easy to use and so amazing to hear.
WOLFWAVE simply connects to the headphone output of your radio. This is a product that is set to grow as we add more facilities. It's up-dateable by users using USB.
- Fully adjustable audio band-pass filtering
- instantly adjustable for voice, data and CW (b/w 50 Hz to 5 kHz) VIDEO
- State-of-the-art adaptive noise reduction
- 100 levels plus advanced control functions VIDEO
- Adaptive tone eliminator
- get rid of annoying carriers - but leave CW AUDIO
- Age-related hearing loss correction
- using ISO 7029:2017 median hearing-loss curves for males or females VIDEO
- One-touch bypass function
- see how much improvement your WOLFWAVE makes
- Memories for your settings
- easily store and recall your favorite settings
- Bright, clear, spectrum display
- see what's happening in your radio pass-band
- Audio test generator including two-tone test mode
- sine, square and triangular wave VIDEO
- Experimental CW regenerator
- enjoy noise-free CW QSOs VIDEO
- On-screen help
- so easy to use
- Tuning/Overload LED
- dual colour indicator makes tuning easy
- User updatable firmware by USB
- keep up with the latest developments
- Speaker output: 1.1 Watts @ 10% THD [speaker output must not be grounded]
- full power achieved when using 12 Volt external supply
- Separate speaker and headphone output
- great for exhibition stations
- 20 mS bypass, 60 mS filtering
- Low current drain
- 60 mA quiescent; battery-friendly!
- Small size
- 105W x 80D x 27H (mm)
- 140 grams
WOLFWAVE is supplied with 1 x USB lead (power) and 1 x Audio lead (3.5mm jack plugs).
Instructions and more information at www.WOLFWAVE.co.uk
WOLFWAVE available from our international agents:
WOLFWAVE uses a high performance 32-bit ARM Cortex M7 processor. This is the highest performance processor of the energy-efficient ARM M-series. This powerful processor is paired up with a 20-bit CODEC and a 1.6 Watt audio amplifier for superb performance.
There is an unofficial WOLFWAVE Facebook group here. It's a good place for user-to-user support and also to suggest new features that you would like to see in this exciting product.
Q. How does WOLFWAVE compare to other similar portable devices? A. Click here for our handy comparison.
Q. Can I try WOLFWAVE before I buy one? A. Yes you can. Make a high quality recording of some audio that you want to hear processed (max. 2 mins.). Upload it to Clyp.it (free) and send us the link. We will process it and let you hear the results.
Q. Will a WOLFWAVE improve the filtering in my FT817/818
A. Yes. The attached plot shows the standard FT817/818 filter (green) and the addition of a WOLFWAVE (blue). the difference in skirt selectivity is huge.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I've been using the Wolfwave now for a week and it is outstanding. Firstly it arrived in good time and well packed. I first powered it off the USB lead supplied and I was surprised at how intuitive it was to use. I have it connected to my ICR8600 and now powered off a 12Vdc station supply - it makes a real difference to your listening experience. The Wolfwave is so configurable and being able to move the centre frequency and alter the bandwidth so quickly is a dream to use AND you don't have to keep going into the radio menu to make adjustments. Lots of memory options makes it easy when using a general coverage comms receiver as you can load new settings at the press of a button. The rotary encoder is so easy to use and you can configure the gain to drive your speaker - be sure to have a station supply connected before you turn it up though - the team advise this. The noise reduction is superb and has terrific range, far more configurable than the ICR8600. The age compensation function works well and is noticeable, helping me pick out weak signals when the signal is drifting.
What a terrific little box, real magic! I'd recommend it. Well done the Sotabeams team a fantastic product!
Very neat little box, looks and works great.
Makes a great improvement on the RX audio and very quick to adjust when needed.
The WOLFWAVE is a great little addition to the shack and I would highly recommend it.